I am all for profit except when the products are dangerous. The rush to profit on wireless "connected" homes continues, (willfully) oblivious to increasing knowledge of biological risks. (see BioInitiative 2012 and numerous other sources for studies showing harm.)
Global Connected Home Market 2013-2018: Smart Appliances, DLNA & 3-ScreenPress Release: Reportlinker – 5 hours ago
For operators the connected home can turn all households into high ARPU households. For content providers the connected home will provide a surge in demand for commercial content. Overall, the connected home's interoperability allows content and services to be delivered to ultimately more end-points, thus increasing revenue opportunities for both content and service providers.
While the connected home comes in various guises, our research shows that many consumers are already utilising many smart devices and services for low-level smart home functionality. Building on a foundation of consumer interest ecosystem members and new market entrants must act swiftly in order to stake a claim in a market which will be worth $101 billion in 2013.
As such, our reports have a unique blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed analysis. This methodology allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind market dynamics and competitive developments, as well as identifying the technological issues. The report therefore presents an ideal balance of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including global, submarket and regional markets forecasts from 2013-2018 - all identifying strategic business opportunities.
Why you should buy Global Connected Home Market 2013-2018: Smart Appliances, DLNA & 3-Screen Strategy
• Get ahead with this comprehensive analysis of the connected homes market prospects
- The report comprises 131 pages
• Stay ahead by studying highly quantitative content that delivers solid conclusions benefiting your research and analysis
- 83 tables, charts, and graphs quantifying and forecasting the connected homes market
• Read an exclusive expert opinion interview from an industry specialist informing the analysis
- DLNA and Broadcom Corporation
• View global connected home revenue forecasts from 2013-2018 to keep your knowledge one step ahead of the competition
- The report provides an analytical overview with detailed sales projections and analysis of the market, the competitors, and the commercial drivers and restraints.
• Keep informed about the potential for each of the 4 connected home submarkets with revenue forecasts from 2013-2018
- Home Health Services
- Home Energy Management Services
- Media Equipment and Management Services
- Home Monitoring Control and Automation
• Learn about the opportunities in 5 connected home regions with revenue forecasts between 2013-2018
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific
• Receive supporting market forecasts between 2013-2018 which support our connected homes forecasts
- Mobile Data Traffic
- Smart TV
- DLNA Certified Devices
- Smart Meters